1. Another word for "subculture" that doesn't sound quite so scientific, allowing it to be used in daily conversation. Used this way it usually has an adjective modifying it: the "indy scene" or the "hardcore scene" or the "emo scene." When someone refers to a particular "scene," they're talking about everything - the people, the places, the fashion, the music, and the trends.
2. A tongue-in-cheek reference to the trends and fashions of the various scenes. Many of these subcultures were built around countercultural ideals and nonconformist attitudes; the fact that trends even exist is humorous irony, and using "scene" as an adjective originally intended to lampoon that.
3. A trend of sorts that evolved from the indy, emo, and hardcore scenes (see the first definition); basically, anything that can be sold at Hot Topic. As events like Warped Tour - and artists like Avril Lavigne - became popular, the trends and fashions of these three scenes (and a few others) were gradually amalgamized and commericalized to create the generic "scene" monkier. Someone who is "scene" generally borrows from the various subcultures and combines them together - you can tell they're part of *a* scene, but no one is quite sure *what* scene. It is important to note that this use of "scene" refers to a fashion trend - it isn't a subculture in its own right, because it has no music, venues, or attitudes of its own to live on after it loses popularity.
4. An ironic insult toward followers of the "scene" trend outlined in 3. Calling someone "scene" brings up images of Avril Lavigne, Hot Topic, Good Charlotte, and, more recently, Myspace; it implies that he or she is a fair-weather fan, conforming to be popular or to fit in. In that sense, it is related to the term poseur. It also implies being more worried about the more visible icons of a particular scene (the fashion and language, for example) than the music that the scene is founded on. Calling someone a scenester basically means the same thing.
2. Wow... a Thundercats shirt, crotch-hugging faded jeans, and a devilock... how very scene of you. Not to mention your ratty Converse shoes or your Know Your Mushrooms armband.
3. Be more scene. Shop at Hot Topic.
4. Enjoy being scene while it lasts, because Myspace isn't enough to keep it going once the next fad hits.
Scene clothes for girl:
-TIGHT jeans (pref. black)
-Band tee they've probably never heard of
-head band,bows,hair clips made for 5 year olds
-checkered vans, converse, nike dunks or flats
-too much eyeliner
- white scarf with black pattern all over it with tassles, etc. that actually originate from jerusalum/palestine or wherever and now are a stupid fashion trend. bet you didnt know that stupid scenekids.
Scene clothes boy:
the same expet the hair accesories. probably wearing his sisters/girlfriends size 00 jeans that are so tight he has probably lost the use of 1+ of his balls.
-nike jacket that is half white half green/red/blue that he thinks makes him look more ghetto although he lives in a middle-class suburban area.
black with bleached streaks or coloured streaks. Huge side fringe covering most of their face. Hides true ugliness. Backcombed to a ridiculous height. Girls: really choppy or long extensions that looks a bit mullet-ish.
Scence phrases: rawr! thats the SEX! phitt, ghey, lyke, mayte, omg, cuntface, trampface, fuckface, glamourface, every stupid scene word followed by face, etc.
Typical scene myspace:
hey, the names (insert name here)i love my scene friends more than anything (Translation: i couldn't give a fuck about friends however they're scene like me and thats all that matters) i love getting drunk and smoking (Translation: look at me! look at me! i am hardcoorrree to the bone) seeing bands && photography (translation: i love taking pics of myself with a new scene hair cut/pout/writing a note saying "rawwwrr" look i just wrote && instead of and! Im even thinking of appling a trademark symbol to my name because im so fucking original my name "murdergirl;scenehorror;cuntface;" needs to be trademarked)comment my pictures (translation: because im secretly insecure despite my arrogant and obnoxious attitude i need to to tell me a trillion times im "phitt as fuck lyke" <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 peace (translation: look at me! i just formed a heart using common keyboard symbols!) i love robots and dinosaurs and other scene stuff (Translation: all my scene friends like them so i do too, cuz im origianl like that)
rawrface;superbitch;rottenkid: yeah lyke i way am. im gonna get off with lyke 20 people. my mayte Antarctica is coming isnt that such a cool scene name.
The scene kids are the kids that deny being emo and most think emo's are wanabee's.. yeah look at yourself love. They'll most likely have BIG choppy hair, with strands or bleach blonde or red in it.
they'll wear pink eyeshadow all round their eyes, boys included.
they'll wear bandanas round their necks and extremely tight clothes.
they'll say stuff like 'omgzz!1!! you totally get like 100 scene points for that..
God knows what you have to do to get scene points.
Some of them pretend to be arrogant cos they think its cool, and everyone is a cunt in their eyes.
They think they'd give you a heart attack or you'd give them a heart attack.
they're very into their fashion.
They like to use the word xcore on alot of words.
Half of them will say they hate unoriginal people.. hahahaha that just amusing, hypocrites. cos they're totaly original.
They calim they want to be ninjas or pirates, and they're obsessed with zombies, dinasours etcc.
they say omgzz alot, and purposefully don't press down shift when using the exclamation mark so they end up doing this!!11!1!
Don't be harsh on the kids though, they think they look good doing these things, maybe they do it in an attempt to boost there self-confidence. You probably dress the way you do cos you think you look good, its exactly the same.
But yeah, admitidly, they're damn annoying.
And I don't like labels too much, but come on. Don't pretend you don't do it.
I don't care what the roots are of scene, this is UrbanDictionary, and we're concerned about modern shit not going back ten years.
Scene kids are rich. Or they might not be rich, it doesn't matter. They buy exspensive shit and still look like trash.
You pay money to look like dirt when you're a scene kid. And yes, its stylish. Whether you like it or not. I really don't get why its so wonderful to look trashy.
Not all scene kids are trashy. Some of them are just Urban Outfitter whores and seem trashy, but thats just fashion and they look more like bums than trash.
And even then there's some who don't look like bums or trashy. Its a very narrow yet broad spectrum.
And thats just their clothes.
Usually a scene girls hair is long underneath and very big and layered on top. Some examples of this are Mother Fucking Aly and Amor Hilton. While Aly's hair is poofy and big on top its not like Amor's, which almost looks like a rats nest, but in a good way.
Typical scene boy hair is about shoulder length, and very smooth and shiny. Some use product, some don't, but almost all scene kids straighten their hair. And if they don't, they must have some bomb ass hair to pull of not straightening it.
Now to the most key things in a scene kids existence: their myspace. There are not a million graphics, there are no links to graphics sites; they either do it themselves or have other people do it. Very clean cut, nice and put together. Usually have comment, message and add buttons and contact table is hidden along with their extended network box, blogs, and song. Some have their friends and comments hidden, others don't. Some opt to just show their friend and comment count.
Camera phone pictures are okay as long as you're hot.
High quality picture are preffered, photoshopped or not. Medium quality are alright as long as they're highly photoshopped.
Headbands, cigarettes, brass knuckles, diamond and bat necklaces, gloomy bear, hello kitty or any other sanrio character, and recently weight lifter things are popular in pictures. Just make is scene, make it work.
If you're a girl, you are basically required to have raccoon eyes. If you don't, you better have at least some makeup on. And fake eyelashes. When you look down, it better look like a damn box. Monroe and septum piercings are ideal for you, as well as angel bites. Gauges are welcome, but too big and you just look trashy. Too small and you look like a pussy.
Boys usually will wear some form of makeup, whether its foundation or a little bit of eyeliner. Their ears better be stretched to at least 5/8 of and inch, and if they aren't they shouldn't be pierced at all. Monroe, septum, snake bites, spider bite, bridge and middle lip piercings are the best for boys. Don't do overkill though, its ugly.
And sidekicks. The Sidekick is a scene kids best friend. Now more available because of the new Sidekick iD which is much cheaper than the D-Wade SK or the SK3, a SK is key in your scene being. What would you do without being able to text David Dior at the Bring Me The Horizon concert which you go to a lot, shows are also your best friend. Useful for networking with fellow scene kids and check your MySpace on the go? Nothing, thats what.
You don't always have to be a bitch, but you must be confident. If you aren't, you are not a scene kid, and you lose at life.
YOU NEED TO KNOW PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD. Scene kids have a very wide network, and have often never even met their best friend who lives five thousand miles away. If you are a scene kid, you have a best friend in a different state or country. They'll probably never meet this person.
Yeah I know. And her monroe has scabs around it.
Ew. What a dirty.