b) A type of popular music combining elements of jazz, blues, and soul and characterized by syncopated rhythm and a heavy, repetitive bass line.
Their first 3 albums barely sold 2mil between them but 1989's Mother's Milk, which was the first album recorded by the current line-up - brought them back onto the scene. In september 1991 they released Blood Sugar Sex Magik. It was a staggering hit (eventuallly selling 7mil in the US alone) and such hits as Give It Away and Under the Bridge (the groups first US top ten single) came from it.
When John Frusciante had to leave RHCP in 1992 due to drugs they went through another stage of line-up changes (including Dave Navarro of Jane's Addiction who recorded One Hot Minute) untill eventually John rejoined the band.
The reunion album , 1999's Californication, was a monster hit and reconfirmed the Chili Peppers as one of the best bands around.
With the releases of By The Way (2002) and Stadium Arcadium (2006) they have shown no signs of abating there relentless production of quality mainstream, punky, funky music which they have somehow, despite many setbacks, kept going for more than 2 decades!
Surely one of the greatest bands around and their older stuff is a classic example of funk music.
The death of Funk after people you know keep singing the Joel Turner song FunkUup
2) A style of R&B music whose artists include James Brown, Parliament-Funkadelic (aka P-Funk) and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
3) Depressed mood.
2) I love playing funk bass.
3) I need to get drunk to get out of this funk.
1. Bad smell, odiferous, maloderous
2. Depressed state, moody
3. Musical movement/genre
2. Feeling down in the dumps, sort of lazy, edgy or irritable, but without justifiable cause is referred to as being in a Funk.
3. Music speaks for itself- George Clinton & the P Funk All Stars...
-Funkiest sentence ever (heard on "Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic)
"I hope I don't see JR this time. I've got mad funk with that fool."
"You got some funk?! Bitch!"
"Them boys are funkin' all the time!"