1. Taking emotional or sexual gratification
from the act or idea of a loved one or partner seeking or receiving gratification from another person.
2. A trait commonly found in people who identify as polyamorous
. It is often experienced as a driving force toward polyamory
and open relationships
, as these are the best ways to express compersion without deception or games in a relationship.
3. A viewpoint which regards a partner as an individual with their own needs and desires, and fully accepts the independent pursuit of those desires.
4. A voyeuristic
appreciation for the concept of one's partner engaging in sexual or intimate activities with a 3rd party.
5. An important component for a successful and drama-free threesome
within a relationship.
6. A positive reaction in a situation that stereotypically induces a jealousy reaction.